But I learned to love myself unconditionally!
Simply Put India!
I decided to use this video because I was staring at myself in the mirror and a year later, I cant believe I cut all my hair off and started all over. I had hair the length of my pinky... cut in half.
And now, if stretched out, it reaches the end of my neck. I <3 my natural hair! Having natural hair has allowed me to focus on other things besides my hair even though it takes much maintenance. I do like to apply makeup but I dont rely on it. I like to focus on my beautiful eyes. I never noticed them or my full lips because I was too focused on my chemically enhanced straight hair.
I still focus on my kinky curls by using different shampoos and conditioner once the previous is finished. I have found some products that I love using like Organix "coconut milk" conditioner because it brought out my natural curl and it smelled really delicious. I also like garnier fructis. It too brings out my curl and smells very nice but I really dont know why. LOL I mean its made for the white woman (I think) but it works so well in my thick, untamed, mind of her own, hair. Lastly, a product I bought from a health food store randomly called "beautiful curls" is something I use each time I wash my hair and its a shea butter sculpting wax and it does wonders. It keeps my curls in tact for days under the wildest circumstances. I try to use as least as possible because I dont know if I will ever find it again.
When it comes to makeup, I LOVE colossal lash and Falsies by Maybelline! I use them both to make my lashes appear longer and.... false. But oh so real! I use covergirl lash blast on my eyelashes to make them darker and fuller also so enhance the arch. Many times I am found with eyeliner on the bottom of my eye but I use blue eye shadow for my eyeliner. LOL... depending on where I am going, I will use my Victoria Secret blush because it has a slight glitter finish creating the illusion of higher cheek bones (might just be in my mind) haha.. but nonetheless I love it. I wear foundation but not often. Only for special events or occasions. Lipstick, I wear a soft pink by MAC followed by a nude gloss by Victoria Secret. Everything I put on is very natural, nothing over the top.
No matter what I am wearing...I will always be
Me <3
No comments:
Post a Comment